Computed tomography (CT) scans, multi-slice CT scanner, digital x-rays, and ultrasounds are just a few of the lab and imaging services that Memorial Heights ER provides to Houston, TX patients. These modern medical imaging modalities deliver faster and more accurate results than what can be achieved at most urgent care clinics.
Radiology techniques and imaging processes today create a visual representation of the inner workings of the body for clinical analysis and medical intervention. The goal is to display hidden internal structures to diagnose and treat diseases.
Providing lab and imaging services at a freestanding ER is easier said than done. There are specific requirements needed in certain areas, including:
- The radiology room must follow government regulations in accordance with international standards for medical imaging
- The facility should be an essential part of a larger health care system
- It must be provided along with a suitable health care system at the proper level
- Appropriate therapeutic capabilities should be available
The following also needs to be acquired:
- A dependable supply of electricity, clean water, consumables and spare parts.
- A team of well-trained and professional medical, technical and engineering staff members
- Regularization and measurement for radiation protection, particularly for doses of radiation delivered in fluoroscopy rooms and during CT scans.
With in-house lab and medical imaging services, a freestanding ER is a lot more productive. Here are a few of the most commonly used medical imaging modalities:
- CT Scans: Physicians use computed tomography to locate tumors and evaluate the size of the mass; to examine the colon; organs in the chest, abdomen, and pelvis; blood flow, bone injuries, cardiovascular disease, and much more.
- Digital X-rays: Unlike traditional x-rays, digital imaging allows for a fast diagnosis and considerable electronic image manipulation. The results are more accurate interpretations by physicians. It is believed that digital x-rays will replace the old analog machines, making them obsolete within the next few years. Digital imaging is more convenient and effective for better patient care.
- Ultrasounds: Often used during pregnancy to evaluate the developing fetus, ultrasound is also used examine many other medical applications, such as heart conditions, abnormalities of the blood vessels, organs in the abdomen and pelvis, infection, pain, and swelling.
At Memorial Heights ER in Houston, TX the medical imaging team is available 24/7 because a medical emergency can occur at any time. When an emergency happens, it demands immediate treatment and fast results. That’s why our Houston ER uses advanced digital imaging equipment to acquire the information we need for diagnosis and treatment, within minutes.