Injuries that come with certain accidents or any other is very normal but in today’s digital era new kind of injuries are witnessed. Constant texting, continuous work on computers and surfing through social media on our smart phones have made us prone to many types of tech injuries.
Types of Tech Injuries:
1. Swipers Thumb: In this kind of injury, the muscles are strained because of constant swiping on the screen. The tips have a sensation that makes it painful to do anything with the thumbs. Constant pain is experienced with irritation at the tips of the thumbs. If anything persists then do visit emergency center in Houston to get relief.
2. Neck Sprain: Constant computer work leads to having a deep sprain in neck. The sprain is caused because of working on keyboard and looking at the screen back and forth. The pain can lead to spasms if not took care immediately. Sprain can also be experienced when texting or watching videos on your phone while lying down or sitting.
3. Shoulder Sprains: Shoulders also experience the strain of computer work. If you have to hold tablets or big screen phones then also you can experience strain on your shoulders.
4. Mouse wrist: If you have work where you have to hold mouse constantly then you will have stress on your wrists. And if overlooked then can lead to serious injuries.
5. Back Pain: Back pains are very generic if you have to work stressful hours. But if you have very sedentary lifestyle of sitting on a computer even then you can have serious back pains. If your pain is persistent for many days then it’s imperative to rush to an emergency room near 77055 for immediate care.
Tips to Avoid Tech Injuries
- Give your thumbs rest by using the forefinger to text or swipe if necessary.
- Stand up in small intervals to avoid back pains caused by constant sitting your computers.
- Use pillows specially designed for back to make your work easier.
- Call rather than texting to avoid strains on your fingers and thumbs.